Wednesday 27 May 2015

Getting Started on my December Project aka December Daily style album - Preparation

When doing my progress blog post I realised I hadn't done my post on my preparation though I had the photos, so I thought I should share my preparations with you, I would not stick things down next time except for the pocket in the front as I may want to change things, I did change what pockets I used my pocket flip cards in when I sat down and started putting photos in, embellishing, etc.


 When I received my Holiday Happenings supplies there were very few videos or blogs up utilising them so I drew inspiration from Pamela Korte and Melissa Laverty's videos for my preparations.
This was going to be my first ever December Daily style project, so I was excited.
I chose not to pre-decorate most items as I intended to create 3 double page layouts from the Yuletide Carol range and then use the left overs for this project, that of course change when I sat down this week and worked on this fun project.
I decided to use the pocket I created on the cover to house my Holiday Happenings Assortment and Badge Buttons but next time I will leave a bigger edge to fold under and glue as these were too heavy for what I put in there.

These pockets are 3x4 inches, to get the flip cards to fit I cut the width 1/16th of a inch under 3 inches.  I had limited Ruby cardstock so I just made my waterfall and 4 3x4 flips in preparation from the Ruby.








Pamela kindly gave me the measurements she used for her Waterfall, when I had photos printed working out what ones to use in this premade  waterfall I realised in future I would not premake them.
To make the waterfall work out how many flaps you need and the size needed for your photos, add 1/2 inch to the height needed of each flap to fold down to adhere

This fold out inspired by Melissa was so simple to create, I chose this page to adhere it to as the paper of this page I knew was unlikely to suit my December, in the future I won't adhere it until I have my December photos though.





I decided the 12 pocket page on the right would be perfect for my Elf photos so I created a pocket on the left to keep any notes/cards he left.







This was the only part I pre-decorated apart from added a Red Glitter Gem to the North Pole on the page under the 12 pocket page as I wasn't sure what photos I would have to work with.
I loved this bird from Yuletide Carol, it was calling for a Sparkle Flourish and Red Shimmer Trim.



This was so much fun, and doing the preparation gave me some much needed crafting time.
June 2015 My Crush Books in the Annual Catalogue will be on special - Buy the book and assortment pack and get the matching stamp free - so it is a great time to get supplies to do a fund project.

No comments:

Post a Comment