Saturday 22 November 2014

Preparing for my first year of doing a December project.

I was introduced to Pocket Scrapping last year and along with it I discovered December Daily, I was intrigued but the idea of daily photos was daunting.
This year I started to Pocket Scrap and I have not done daily photos but taken the usual important moments and I did a couple of weeks of daily life since things repeat themselves here a fair bit.  I really enjoyed it.
So I decided to try December Daily this year and as I was trying to work out how I wanted to create my album the new Catalogue came out and I saw the Holiday Happenings range and got really excited about this range for my December Project.
This year December will be different as I am introducing my children to some things I enjoyed as a child but most especially St Nick, I met my friend's Christine and Marianne when I was 6, there Dad was German and our Mum's became lifelong best friends.  So some aspects of a German Christmas entered my childhood at this point and it just made things that extra bit special.
I am also (if AusPost delivers him in time) doing my own take on the Elf On The Shelf/Kindness Elf.
Now to what this post is about, my preparations for my December Project.
I watched a couple of Youtube videos, checked out blog posts and have drawn inspiration from them.

I have prepared the base cardstock of a 7 flap Waterfall, Cards for pockets, Fold out pages and Cardstock Pockets.

Love Waterfalls for adding extra photos.















 

I chose this page to add my Waterfall to.



Cards slipped into pockets for extra space for photos and journalling.










I am going to use the 12 pocket page for my Elf photos, so I have made a pocket on the page to it's left to hold notes the Elf leaves.








I added a some bling, really excited about getting my daughter's graduation photos so I can finish decorating my book.



I have made a simple fold out on this page.









I put a pocket on the inside of the front cover, for now it is holding my assortment pack and badges but when my project is finished it will hold photos or journalling.
I haven't covered it in decorative paper yet.





The paper added to the Glacier pocket is the only paper I have added so far from Yuletide Carol as I chose this pack as it is not only perfect for Christmas but also my daughter's Graduation, she Graduated 2 days ago, so I am waiting on photos before I do my layouts.  I will upload my 12x12 layouts and my paper covered Holiday Happenings book once I have completed them later this week.


I have a few more fold outs & cards I want to do and to add a pocket to the back cover, I am hoping to finish my preparations this week and I will do a follow up blog post when my album is complete.

Products I have used
My Crush Holiday Happenings Book RRP $
My Crush Holiday Happenings  Assortment RRP $8
My Crush Holiday Happenings Badge Buttons RRP $8
Yuletide Carol Paper Pack RRP $15
Yuletide Carol Assortment RRP $9.50
Red Shimmer Trim RRP $6.50
Sparkles Clear Flourishes Small RRP $6.50
Pink Glitter Gems RRP $5.50, they have some cute red glitter gems in them and I have used them on the Joy page & North Pole spot on the map page.
Sparkles Clear Assortment RRP $4 I used these on the page that has the heading December and a Partridge with a calendar on it.
2 sheets Cranberry Cardstock RRP $22 also available in Adventure Cardsotck pack RRP $22
1 sheet Glacier Cardstock RRP $22 also available in Whimsy Carstock pack RRP $22
1 sheet Colonial White Cardstock RRP $

Here are the links to the YouTube videos and blog posts that I found inspiring for this project.
This video she creates pockets, a waterfall and flip cards.
This video is a flip through of her album.
This blog post is about a hinged page, I love how she fussy cut Santa on the Santa page.
This blog post I love the little To Do List and the use of the tab stickers and alphabet stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment